Wednesday, November 11, 2009

How about hand-made jewelry?



What a gorgeous day!!! We need to enjoy every one of these beautiful days, because the snow will be blowing soon!


Today I am sharing a project that I made quite some time ago! I made it in a hurry, before convention, so I didn't plan it out well. I have made a few changes to the original, so now I like the result.

I found these washer necklaces on splitcoast stampers and thought they were really cute. I have been wanting to make jewelry so this is an easy 1st project.

You start out with a washer. I added some Stampin' Up! rub on's (this one is retired), and covered the entire washer with Crystal Effects. Then added some of the Stampin' Up! retired black cord and finished the closure with some jewelry closures that I purchased at a discount store.
Maybe I will try to make some matching earrings with small washers & some of the Crystal beads from the Stampin' Up! Pretties Kit!!!
Wouldn't these make cute gifts. To finish off the gift, I would recommend decorating a little gift box, and maybe adding a hand stamped tag!

Hope you enjoy todays project. Thanks for visiting!

No comments: