Saturday, October 2, 2010

Thankful for...

October...my favorite month! The morning air is beginning to be crisp, the afternoon temps are an amazing 72 degrees! And, best of all, leaves are beginning to turn! I absolutely love the amazing beauty of fall leaves :)

Today's card is a CASE of a fall wreath card created by fellow demonstrator, Ann Schach. But I wanted to use my Sizzix Big Shot & the #2 Leaves die cut to see what I could come up with. I began with Stampin' Up! gold cardstock, die cut the leaves, & ran them through the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder. Not enough for me...I then ran a piece of Pear Pizzaz cardstock throught the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder. Then sponged on lots of color, chocolate Chip, Old Olive, & Cajun Craze. The gold leaves were sponged with Cajun Craze. I arranged leaves in wreath, adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals (my #1 must have item). Assembled card, & stamped sentiment from Thankful For stamp set, and added Certainly Celery satin ribbon.

I took a couple of photos so you can see the dimension of this card. Very fun!!!




Here are a couple of additional ideas using the #2 leaves die cut. The Silver leaves are created from furnace tape! So, they have a sticky layer on the back. Would be great on a card!



And... how about fabric! I picked up this fabric this morning from the fabric store. You can't see from the picture, but the little polk-a-dots are shiny copper on chocolate brown. They will be beautiful on a project!




Hope you liked today's project! Come back & visit soon!!!

No comments: