Sunday, November 1, 2009

Christmas Wall Decor

I just received my new Scallop Square die cut for my Big Shot and I couldn't wait to try it out on this project!



The Scallop Square die cut is 4" square. It is one of the new clear die cuts, which makes it so versatile. For this project, I cut chipboard out with the die cut first. Then, I cut 3 pieces of cardstock (all at once) to layer on chipboard. The cardstock is Real Red, Chocolate Chip, & Old Olive. The next layer is a 3" square with same cardstock & one piece with Merry Moments Designer Paper. The next layer is alphabet punched out with the Sizzix Stampin' Up! exclusive Die Cut Alphabet, Serrif Essentials. The alphabet is approx. 2 x 2. Then, time for assembly. I used my Crop-a-Dile to punch holes in the chipboard to string ribbon through. Additional supplies used: Snowflake punch, gold brad, grosgrain ribbon, & Stampin' Dimensionals.



Our awsome Sizzix die cuts can cut up to 50 different materials! That includes chipboard, decor elements vinyl, to our sticky sheets, window sheets... and much more!!!



This project could also be created for any other occasion. Wouldn't this be adorable for a gift for a new mother, with the baby's name for display! What could you create with this idea???



Thanks for visiting!

No comments: