Friday, June 26, 2009

Top Note Uncle Sam

There are so many ideas going around using the Sizzix Big Shot Top Note die cut. But, I hadn't seen this one yet!

The Senior Center that I visit for crafts wanted an Uncle Sam, similar to the Leprechaun we made for St. Patrick's Day. So, this is what I created.

I turned the top note on it's side to make a longer face. I punched 3 of them. One each of Blush Blossom, Whisper White, & Real Red card stock. Strip of Not Quite Navy for brim of hat. Punched with the 3/4 " circle punch for ears & nose, Small Oval (cut in half) for eyes. White Gel Pen for accents on eyes. A little bit of pink chalk added with cotton ball for rosy cheeks. And, Basic Black Marker for a little smile. Also used dimensional to pop up his nose. Isn't he the cutest!!! They adhered their Uncle Sam onto some foam core board & used a ribbon to hang them on their doors.

And, just a reminder to all...the current Stampin' Up! catalog expires June 30th! That means, new In Colors, and awsome new products. But, that also means the last chance to order retiring products. If there is anything you need, just give me a call, or visit my SU business web site for 24/7 ordering right from your easy chair!!!

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: