Friday, October 3, 2008

Happy World Card Making Day!

Happy World Card Making Day! I feel like I have my own world recongnized day...because there is nothing I would rather do than brew a fresh cup of coffee & go to my own "space" and create!!! Even as a child, I remember looking forward to Fridays, because on Friday we had art class at my grade school :) I have always enjoyed crafts, and cardmaking just "clicked with me".

I have lots of samples to share with you today!!! The 1st 3 cards were created with the Stampin' Up! Simply Sent Card Elements kit, Handmade Holidays. There are enough supplies in the kit to create 18 cards. The kit includes cardstock, designer paper, & stickers. The instructions are quite simple to follow. To complete the cards, you will also need a stamp set. There is a coordinating set, To You & Yours. The images fit perfectly on the stickers included in the set! On the 1st card, I actually used the Peace stamp from All Holidays! I added the Alpine Ribbon sold in the Holiday Mini Catalog.

On the next 2 cards, I used the stickers in the kit. There was no stamping on the following 2 cards. So, you can do your own thing...or use the kit instructions & coordinating stamp set. Either way, I am sure you will pleasantly surprised by the beauty of these cards! The Simply Sent Card Elements & Card Kits found on pages 176 & 177 in the Fall-Winter Catalog are on sale until October 11th!!! Call me for details, or visit my business web site!







And...since it is World Card Making Day, how about more card samples!!!
I couldn't decide which card to share, so I am sharing both :) .The card base on each is Chocolate Chip. The background cardstock is Close to Cocoa, with Chococolate Chip Ink. The Stamp set used for the background is Stitched Exotics...love that one! The sentiment is from Best Yet (A Level 1 Hostess Set) stamped on Very Vanilla, and punched with the new large Oval Punch. I also used the Chocolate Chip Wide Grosgrain Ribbon on both cards, as well as the Mat Pack for paper piercing. On the first sample I also used Tempting Turquoise cardstock.
Which one do you like best? I would love to hear your comments.
I hope you enjoyed todays cards! If you want to spend a little time creating some unique greeting cards, try hopping over to Splitcoast Stampers. They are having card challenges all day. Lots of fun!! !All supplies used today are from Stampin' Up!

There are still a couple of seats available at my World Card Making Event!!! You will complete 3 cards for $5 or FREE with $30 purchase!!!

And...if you place a $30 order with me by Oct. 10th, you will be in the Mystery Hostess drawing. You could win a FREE Level 1 Hostess Stamp Set AND $15 in FREE Stampin' Up! Products!!! CALL ME SOON!!!








No comments: