Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Smoosh Card!


This is a new technique I discovered while searching stamping blogs & web sites. I totally love the effect. Also, it is quite funny where I got the color inspiration for this card. Well, it was in church! Yeah, in church...there was someone sitting a few rows in front of me, & I loved the color & pattern of her blouse. Couldn't snap a picture of it to show you, but it was very similar to my completed card.
Here is how I created this card:
I used a clear report cover. It is a great time to go purchase one with back to school supplies readily available now. I used my ink refill for Mellow Moss, Perfect Plum, & Pale Plum. You drop random ink droplets between the plastic report cover, & "smoosh". Then, take 2 pieces of Whisper White cardstock & insert inside the report cover,& smoosh again. You will get 2 pieces to "play with"! Then, I stamped images from the One of a Kind stamp stamp set in Chocolate Chip. To add a little extra color, I used my Stampin' Pastels stampin chalk & colored in part of the flowers with my blender pen. The sentiment was stamped on Pale Plum, with Chocolate Chip. I used my Label Punch, & Hodgepodge Hardware to attached to card. Additional cardstock used is Perfect Plum, & Mellow Moss. Grograin ribbon is from my stash of SU ribbons. All supplies (except the report cover) are Stampin' Up!.
Hope you were inspired to create something beautiful today! Thanks for looking.!

No comments: