Friday, March 28, 2008

Inspirational Challenge!

We all surround ourselves with colors & patterns that we love. Well, I have been seeing stamp artists take an inspirational piece (such as my purse) and use it to create their cards. You can use anything that inspires you, from dishes, to a beautiful blouse, your favorite comforter, absolutely anything!!!



I made this purse, a long time ago, and have always loved the colors and oh yes, paisleys.









I used the Polka Dots & Paisley stamp set, stamped the paisleys in Bravo Burgandy on Mellow Moss cardstock. I used my Watercolor Wonder Crayons in the Rich Regal colors (my favorite color family). I colored the paisleys with crayons & used my Aqua Painter to blend. Also used my Signo White Gel Pen to color in dots on paisleys and polka-dots across bottom of card. Sentiment is stamped on Whisper White, backed with Not Quite Navy & do you see the little "bling", the Ice Rhinestone Brad. Ribbon is Wide Grosgrain in Burgandy. Ribbon adhered with glue dots (best way to adhere ribbon). All supplies Stampin' Up!


I really like the way this card turned out. I hope you like it too! Find something that inspires you to create something beautiful today! Have a great one!!!

No comments: