Thursday, December 6, 2007

Snow Inspired!









Our first snow!!! How beautiful...that is, if you are looking out the window of your toasty warm home, sipping on a fresh cup of coffee.

This beautiful scene has inspired my card creations. I visited SplitCoastStampers today and decided to try their "ways to use it challenge" .

Their challence was to use tin somewhere on your card. They suggested using aluminum foil if you didn't have any tin. You all know me, love a challenge on a budget:). I came up with these two cards. The first card uses the Perfect Presentations Hostess set, Purely Pomegranate cardstock, ink, & satin ribbon, and Pretty in Pink card base. I also used the 2 way glue pen & dazzling diamonds on the snowman, silver cord, & Small & Large Oval Punches. The sentiment is from Warm Words.

The 2nd card uses the Season of Joy set, Black & Purely Pomegranate ink, Whisper White, Black, & Purely Pomegranate cardstock. I used my Cuttlebug embossing folder with aluminum foil...LOVE THE EFFECT!!! Finished card off with more satin Purely Pomegranate ribbon. All supplies (except Cuttlebug embossing folder & aluminum foil) are Stampin' Up! NOTE: It's not too late to get your Satin Ribbon with the Wrapping Up the Holidays promotion. Contact me today to get yours!!!

The challenges at Splitcoast Stampers are a great way to learn new techniques and go a bit out of your element and have some great creative fun.

Happy Stamping!








No comments: