Thursday, December 20, 2007

Acrylic vs Rubber!

There are a lot stamps on the market! How do you decide which ones to purchase?


I consider my stamps as a long term investment. When I make a purchase, I decide which stamps match the themes I will use most for my personal use, and as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, which stamps will appeal to my customers. Stampin' Up! rubber stamps have earned the Creating Keepsakes' Readers' Choice Award for "best rubber stamps" seven years in a row!!!


Stampin' Up has researched the market trends, and are aware that there is growing interest in acrylic stamps. But their research has found that "Rubber Stamps" produce the best results on your projects. Their images are deeply etched on foam backed rubber to ensure sharp & clear stamped images. The wood blocks were selected because trees are a renewable resource.


Acrylic stamps are appealing because you can see through the acrylic blocks to determine the exact location of your stamped image. However, the acrylic will yellow over time, and the stamps do not give the same quality stamped image as rubber. Also, the stamps can become gummy & sticky.


If you find acrylic stamps in the dollar bin at the craft stores, why not pick-up a few! But, when I want to purchase "award winning, quality rubber stamps that will last a lifetime ", my pick is Stampin' Up! Thanks for visiting. As always, I welcome your comments!!! Have a great day!

No comments: