Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Simple Hand Made Box




On Monday, I went to the Senior Center to make crafts with the residents. Something I have been doing for over 1 year. Love working with them. After we finished our cards, we had extra time so they taught me something fun! I learned how to make a simple box. I revised their directions a little bit, and love the result. For my box I started with a 6" x 4" sheet of double sided designer paper. I used the Celery Designer Paper. On the 6" side divide it into fourths...score in 1/4 of measurements of your paper from each side. For 6" that was 1 1/2" from each side. Turn the paper to 4" side and score in 1" from each side (1/4 of the paper). You then make slits on the 6"side towards the center up to the fold mark. Do this on all 4 corners. You then fold up towards center of box, folding the long pieces 1st, and wraping the paper over the end on each side. Repeat for bottom of box. See the picture above for folding guide. For my box, I used Whisper White. I added the beautiful Chocolate ribbon for a bow, some gold cord, and the beautiful poem they shared with me. Once you learn to make a box, you can change any measurement to suit the box size you are looking for! Thank you April, and ladies for sharing your project with me! All supplies Stampin"Up!

No comments: